METHOD OF MODERN LOVE
If there’s one thing we all enjoy, it’s a decent love story. One that fills our hearts with the joy, hope and despair of human attraction. One that inspires us with wonderful characters and a gripping plot. With this in mind, we have created a festival dedicated to diverse love-themed stories.
Filmmakers are invited to submit shorts or features. This could be a narrative story, documentary, dance or music video, animation, or an LGBT film based on these themes.
Please read our festival terms and conditions (see below) before making your submission through Film Freeway. Join us for a festival that is all about community, creativity, diversity and artistic celebration!
NRFF IS A TOP 100 FILM FESTIVAL
This friendly and intimate festival is organised by JAN HENDRIK VERSTRATEN and MASSIMO BARBATO who are themselves filmmakers and writers. They are also the founders of the successful New Renaissance Film Festival, ranked high in Film Freeway’s top 100 list of best-reviewed festivals, out of more than 8,000 worldwide
NRFF has been privileged to screen world and UK premieres and films that went on to win an Oscar or get distribution! Click here to see what people are saying about NRFF.
The London METRO described NRFF as “A top UK Film Festival,” and we’ve recently featured in VOGUE Nederland’s Cultural Calendar, as well as i-D Magazine (UK) and GQ Brasil.
‘The Silent Child’ – Oscar Winner 2018 – had its UK premiere at NRFF London 2017
Presenter Anya Patel interviews world-renowned photographer and award-winning director Chris Craymer.
CURATORS OF EXTRAORDINARY TALENT
Our philosophy is simple. We support and champion the best upcoming filmmakers and screenwriters in this new era, to fulfill their dream of telling their stories. Our numerous award possibilities give independents the chance to receive the recognition they deserve.
Artist and filmmaker Tania Khan at the Love Story Film Festival 2020
Our passion is to curate great stories. We focus on the quality of the ARTIST and the STORY, with the aim of building an international COMMUNITY of inspiring storytellers.
Artist and filmmaker Soraya Syed at the Love Story Film Festival 2020
LOVE STORY 2022
We invite filmmakers to submit shorts and features with a love-themed story. This can be a narrative story, a documentary, a dance or music video, an animation or an LGBTQ story. The festival will be held in London, a city known for its diversity and innovation in the creative arts, in February.
FOLLOW NRFF ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow Love Story on NRFF’s Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for the latest festival photos, interviews and interesting posts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE FESTIVAL TAKE PLACE? Love Story Film Festival takes place in London, England, in February. A festival programme will be announced nearer the time, including venue details.
2. HOW CAN I SUBMIT? You can submit your film ONLINE through FilmFreeway. FilmFreeway.com is a safe, one-stop shop for submitting to film festivals, and it’s free to join. Your work is only accessible to festivals that you submit to and can never be downloaded or shared without your permission. You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property, and receive real-time submission status updates directly from the festivals you’ve entered.
3. CAN I SUBMIT IN ANY OTHER WAY? No, at the moment submission is only possible through FilmFreeway. New partners may be added in the future.
4. WHAT HAPPENS ONCE I’VE SUBMITTED MY FILM? Once we have your information from FilmFreeway, your fee and your link to your online screener or your screenplay document, we will start the judging process. Please be patient – in most cases you won’t hear from us until after the very final deadline has passed. We will get back to all submitters as soon as possible.
5. HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH FILMS TO AWARD? We will not simply select those films that have already won an award. We hope to find new gems and discover excellent stories that move us, challenge us and above all inspire us. We realise this to be highly subjective, but we will definitely try to be open to a diversity of different voices and points of view.
6. AFTER THE JUDGING PROCESS IS COMPLETE, CAN I GET ANY FEEDBACK? The judges, unfortunately, cannot offer any feedback on unsuccessful entries.
7. ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS ON SUBMITTING TO THE FESTIVAL? You must be 18 or over to submit into this festival.
8. CAN I ALTER MY ENTRY ONCE IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED? No alterations can be made to submissions once they have been received.
9. CAN I ENTER MORE THAN ONE FILM? You may enter as many films as you like. You must purchase a separate entry fee for each film you submit, and you must also complete the online entry form separately for each film.
10. IS ENTRY TO THE FESTIVAL OPEN TO INTERNATIONAL ENTRANTS? The festival is open to international submissions. We welcome submissions from all over the world and look forward to seeing a huge variety of entries.
11. DO YOU CONSIDER WAIVING FEES? Unfortunately, we cannot offer any discounts or waive the submission fee. We will not review your work without it. We will not make any exceptions. All indie filmmakers struggle financially but if we waived the fee for every filmmaker who asked then we wouldn’t be able to provide this festival platform.
12. DO I NEED MUSIC/SOUND RIGHTS FOR MY SUBMISSION? Yes. You are fully responsible for the clearance of all music or sound contained in your entry. You may be required to produce documentation at any time. Find out more at: BBC Film Network; and the American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers
13. DOES MY FILM HAVE TO HAVE BEEN PRODUCED THIS YEAR? We accept submissions of films produced in any year, but we will give preferred consideration to films produced after 1 January 2018.
14. CAN I SUBMIT WORK WHICH HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY SCREENED ELSEWHERE? Yes, entries can be sent which have previously been screened elsewhere, including films that have screened online, but please include information on previous screenings with your submission.
15. MY FILM IS NOT IN ENGLISH, DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE ENGLISH SUBTITLES? All dialogue in the film is required to either be dubbed into English, or to provide English subtitles.
16. DOES MY FILM HAVE TO BE A PREMIERE? No. But if it is a premiere let us know in your submission application.
17. MY FILM IS ONLINE, WILL YOU STILL SCREEN IT? Probably not, but we may consider it if we really like it.
18. WILL THE FESTIVAL PAY FOR ME AND/OR MY CREW TO COME TO THE FESTIVAL? Sadly we can’t afford to fly filmmakers or screenwriters over for the festival.
19. WILL YOU PAY FOR MY ACCOMMODATION IF I ATTEND THE FESTIVAL? No, we can’t afford to put you up either. We can advise you on accommodation though if you wish. We are currently seeking sponsorship to develop our hospitality budget.
1. HOW WE COLLECT(ED) YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: We collect(ed) your email information when you submit(ed) a film to us; sign(ed) up for our newsletter; or buy/bought tickets for any of our screenings.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT(ED): We collect(ed) information that was necessary to contact you with results of your submissions; or to inform you of our upcoming festival deadlines and programmes; or to confirm your bookings for screenings. The information in our database is limited to emails
3. WHY WE COLLECT(ED) YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT: We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide the information you have asked for, to provide a service you have requested from us, to request additional information from you and to inform you of special offers and screening opportunities. We keep your personal information as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above or until you unsubscribe. In any newsletter or mail out you will always be offered the opportunity to unsubscribe.
4. WE’LL NEVER SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES: Love Story Film Festival will not and has never shared, sold or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties.
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS: You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details provided under the ‘Contact Us about your personal information’ section below Your rights include asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop emailing you. (The option to unsubscribe will always be evident on our mail-outs).
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA: Love Story Film Festival is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
7. CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION NOTICE: We will keep this data protection notice under review and will let you know about any changes made to it by email. The latest version of this notice will always appear on this page.
8. CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA: If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint in relation to our use of your email address, you may contact us directly.